Introduction to Hair & Beauty at Gateshead College
You will work in our professional Baltic Salon & Spa where you can build a solid set of skills. You'll also work in a salon placement one day per week to develop your customer service skills and demonstrate your creativity. This will truly prepare you to progress into employment or further study.
You will study hairdressing and beauty therapy as a combined programme, which will give you the opportunity to sample both areas of this extremely creative industry.
- Analysis of the skin and hair structure
- How to creatively apply make up and nail treatments
- Nail art
- Face painting
- Creatively dressing hair
- Colour enhancement
This course will enable you to develop skills in both hairdressing and beauty therapy to give you the advantage to choose your individual pathway
- You'll need good communication skills, plenty of enthusiasm and the ability to work with other people.
- We welcome all applicants without any prior experience or knowledge in this area.
- You will need motivation to achieve and have a passion to gain skills enabling you to progress this as a career in the future.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.