Acting BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at New College Nottingham
If you’ve had experience performing on stage or on camera and would like to take your studies to the next level, perhaps with university or drama school in your sights, this course is excellent preparation.
Our links with the industry give you lots of opportunities to gain an insight into the world of performing arts, and you never know who will be sitting in the audience at your end of year show!
This course can lead to a variety of careers in professional acting, teaching, TV and media, directing and other backstage or technical roles and even potential to move into work as a therapist.
In 2013, ncn’s Academy of Music and Performance became one of the top five in the UK for its student success rates. Putting it simply, if you want to study music and performance, there’s no better place in Nottingham – that’s a fact!
This course is packed full of practical projects involving solo work, performing in small groups and on major productions. There is also regular theoretical input to help you tease out your talents on stage or on film.
The course modules cover all of the following:
•The performing arts business
•Acting for film
•TV and directing
You’ll enjoy trips to theatre shows and galleries and learn about the many areas that make up the performing arts industry.
Students will need to have a flexible approach and be able to participate in group work.
Students must have ONE of the following:
• 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including one in English or Maths
• Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Performing Arts at merit or Level 2 Creative & Media Higher Diploma at merit, plus GCSE English at grade A*-C
• Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate in Performing Arts at merit, plus 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including English
• Equivalent qualifications - Functional Skills may be accepted in place of GCSE Maths and/or English
• Exceptional entry is sometimes possible for applicants with significant relevant experience.
An audition is also required.
Adults 19+ who have industry experience but do not have the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All full time further education courses are free for UK and EU residents who are between 16 and 18. If you're 19 or over please click here for information on how we can help with fees and speak to one of our friendly advisors on 0115 9 100 100. Additional fees are to be paid at enrolment for trips and the performing arts passport.
You’ll be assessed on practical tasks, projects and productions, supported by a record of written evidence.
• Drama school
• Foundation Degree/Degree in Theatre Arts (Acting, Dance or Technical Theatre)
• BA (Hons) Performing Arts (Theatre)
If you would like to find out more about how this could unfold for you, our advisors are on hand to help – just click the Contact an Advisor option to the right.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.