A Level English Language at St Bede's Catholic College
The English Faculty at St Bede’s offer AQA AS/A-Level English Language B.
This specification is designed to encourage candidates to:
- Develop methods of exploring and understanding spoken and written language in use.
- Understand the roles of purposes, audiences and contexts and the impact of these pressures upon language production and reception.
- Use linguistic methods to analyse and investigate a variety of extracts taken from everyday sources.
At AS, this specification enables candidates to explore the fundamental structures and functions of writing, speech and conversation and how language functions in different social contexts:
- Unit 1: Categorising Texts.
- Unit 2: Creating Texts.
At A2, the specification explores the nature and functions of language, how its key constituent parts have developed under the influence of a variety of contextual factors and how these changes may be analysed and evaluated creatively:
- Unit 2: Investigating Language
- Unit 3: Developing Language
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bede's Catholic College directly.