Beauty Therapy Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This course is designed to aid apprentices in becoming a competent beauty therapist to level 2 by attending an individualised learning programme, incorporating remote learning and bespoke training programmes. This course is based on 12 month duration. Learners will attend college 1 day per week.
Course Length: 12 months
Course Location: Workplace plus 1 day a week at college
Course Fee: If applicable
Start Date: Flexible
The programme covers a range of beauty therapy duties and includes the following four components:
1. Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Beauty Therapy
- G20 - Health and safety
- G18 - Promote products and services
- G8 - Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- B4 - Provide facial skin care
- B5 - Enhance the appearance of eyebrow & lashes
- B6 - Carry out waxing services
- N2 - Provide manicure services
- N3 - Provide pedicure services
- G4 - Fulfil reception duties
- B8 - Provide makeup services
2. Functional Skills in Maths and English (Level 2)
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Use of a computer from home or the workplace is essential.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above including English. Attendance at an advice and guidance session is required before enrolment. Candidates must be currently working in a beauty salon or similar establishment. Registration with the awarding body (City & Guilds) is required and will take place within the first month of the course.
Certification is achieved through continuous assessment of practical, oral, written assessment and online tests throughout the course. A portfolio of evidence will also be produced during the course. Candidates will need to provide own models for practice and assessment.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Beauty Therapy Level 3 course in Nail Services, Massage or Spa Therapy
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.