Games Development (Creative Media Production) UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma at Seevic College
Are you interested in video games development as a career? This course teaches you practical skills that will enable you to generate ideas and realise them into playable games using a variety of modern software packages.
You will learn what it takes to make the games you love to play; covering all areas of games development.
The course has an embedded program of live projects so that you can gain work experience alongside your time in the classroom. You will develop your creative and technical skills, enabling you to produce a varied and sophisticated portfolio of work.
- 3D Games Development
- 3D Modelling and Animation
- 2D Digital Graphics
- Project Planning and Development
- Game Design Theory
General Entry Requirements
- Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be a least at C/4 and vice versa.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above.
Specific Entry Requirements
- Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Art, Media or ICT is preferable.
he course has both practical and written elements. Assessment is based on assignments and presentations set throughout the year.
Projects and assignments are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands, and you will develop work-related skills within a vocational context.
Your assignments can consist of a variety of evidence, such as: presentations, practical tasks and written reports.
- Graphics Tablet, Memory stick, sketch book, lever arch folder, pens and pencils
- Optional Trips/visits
- You will be prepared for careers within the computer games industry, computer generated special effects industry, television and advertising industries
- You may also go on to one of the many compatible Higher Education degree courses, such as: Digital Animation, Games Design or Media.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.