Business Studies A level at Oldfield School
This course is designed to give you a good grounding in all aspects of business. You will develop a thorough understanding of topical business issues and will think about them in a critical manner, developing the skills ofapplication, analysis and evaluation. Case study research of businesses lies at the heart of the ‘A’ Level course. You are taught business theory and how to apply it to issues, problems and opportunities facing real businesses.
AS First Year A level content
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance.
The A-level incorporates the same six topics as AS, plus the followingadditional topics:
1. Analysing the strategic position of a business
2. Choosing strategic direction
3. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
4. Managing strategic change.
You will need at least a grade C in English and Maths and in Business Studies – if completed at GCSE level. Business can be studied in the Sixth Form without any previous knowledge and it fits very well with any of the other subjects on offer.
Examination Board - AQA
The AS is fully co-teachable with the first year of the A-level, providing these students with the option to continue studying the full A-level. All of the Business Studies modules are assessed via written examinations. There is no coursework or controlled assessment.
Business Studies is a popular A Level and useful for taking a wide range of university degree courses, including Business Management, Business Administration, Accountancy, Advertising, Computing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Law.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oldfield School directly.