Modern Languages, French, German & Spanish A Level at The Blue School
The A Level Modern Language course involves the study of the language, grammar and culture of French, Spanish and German-speaking communities.
Students study the following in relation to one French, Spanish or German-speaking country:
- Aspects of a French speaking, Hispanic or German society
- Artistic Culture in the French-speaking, Hispanic or German society
- Students must also study one film from a prescribed list
Students study the following topics:
- Aspects of the French society or multiculturalism in the Hispanic or German society.
- Aspects of French, Hispanic or German political life.
- Students must also undertake an individual research project which will be covered in the oral exam and study a literary text from a prescribed list.
5 GCSE’S at A*- C including grades for English and Mathematics as below:
- English Language – New grade 4 or above
- Mathematics – New grade 4 or above
The AL qualification comprises a listening and reading paper including translation lasting 2.5 hours, an essay paper lasting 2 hours and a spoken exam lasting 21-23 minutes in which the individual research project is discuss as well as one AL topic.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Blue School directly.