Physical Education - Level 2 BTEC at St Gregory the Great Catholic School
You have to do one mandatory unit, one core unit, plus optional units.
We can choose the units we wish to study. These will be selected for the students and based around their preferences.
The core units are:
- Fitness for Sport and Exercise
- Practical Sports Performance.
The mandatory Specialist unit is Anatomy and Physiology for Sports Performance.
A sample of the 21 units on offer are:
- The Mind and Sports Performance
- Practical Individual Sport
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports Activities
- Promotion and Sponsorship in Sport
- Lifestyle and Well-being
- Injury and the Sports Performer
- Profiling Sports Performance.
A minimum of four GCSE passes at grade D or BTEC equivalents. If you have already taken Level 2 BTEC sport then you can still take the course as different units are taken and the teaching specification has been updated.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Gregory the Great Catholic School directly.