Sport and Physical Education - Level 3 BTEC at St Gregory the Great Catholic School
You have to do three mandatory units, one mandatory specialist unit, plus optional units for a combined total of 60 credits.
We can choose the units we wish to study. These will be selected for the students and based around their preferences.
The mandatory units are.
• Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
• The Physiology of Fitness
• Assessing Risk in Sport
All of the above must be studied.
The mandatory Specialist units are
• Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
• Principles and Practices in Outdoor Education. (This will only be studied if Outdoor Education is taken rather than Practical Sport.
A sample of the 21 units on offer are.
• Practical Team Sport
• Practical Individual Sport
• Sports Nutrition
• Psychology for Sports Performance
• Technical and Tactical Skills in Sport
• Current Issues in Sport.
A minimum of six A*-C GCSE passes or BTEC equivalents. If you have already taken Level 2 BTEC Sport then you must achieve a Merit or Distinction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Gregory the Great Catholic School directly.