Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma at City College Coventry
The Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry course is designed to develop the skills and knowledge of people, enabling them to work in the industry in their chosen craft. It covers both theory and practical elements.
The workshops have been expertly designed and laid out to simulate Construction Industry conditions. All materials are supplied by the department for you to complete your training and assessments
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding construction technology
- Prepare and use carpentry & joinery portable power tools
- Carry out first fixing operations
- Carry out second fix operations
- Carry out maintenance to non-structural carpentry work
- Carry out structural carcassing operations
This qualification is assessed in a number of ways to provide a clear indication of candidate knowledge and skills. These include:
- Knowledge and understanding tasks
- Multiple choice questions
- Practical tasks
Assessments are set by City & Guilds and are administered by the centre when the candidate is ready. They are then marked and/or graded internally, using the information provided and the outcomes recorded on the documents provided by City & Guilds.
Assessments can be completed in any order according to the requirements of the candidates and the course
This course is a Study Programme which consists of:
- Vocational Qualification
- Work Experience
* If you have not already achieved a GCSE pass at grade C or above in English and Maths you will study Maths and/ or English as an integral part of your college programme.
You will require PPE (personal protective equipment) in order to start your course. You’ll need steel toe cap boots and a hi vis top.
You should have completed a first year course in Carpentry and Joinery and have achieved the Level 1 Diploma and have the relevant Math’s and English or Functional Skills Level 1 in English & Math’s.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Coventry directly.