Electrical Installations Level 1 at Coleg y Cymoedd
This Level 1 Foundation course is ideal for learners interested in becoming qualified as an Installation or Maintenance Electrician in the Domestic, Commercial & Industrial fields.
The learner will develop the knowledge, understanding and skills needed to:
- Follow health and safety regulations and legislations at all times
- Select the appropriate tools and materials for a given task
- Terminate and wire single phase lighting and power circuits found in domestic dwellings
- Carryout the basic inspections and testing procedures for the required wiring systems
- To use fabrication techniques for electrical enclosures and support systems, such as PVC and steel conduit, trunking and tray work systems.
In addition, you will also complete at level 1; Application of Numbers, Communications, ICT, The Post 16 Welsh Baccalaureate Qualification, Foundation Project
You will require 3 GCSEs at grades A*- E including English, Maths and Science, Equivalent vocational experience or qualifications will also be considered.
You will be invited to attend an interview, and will undertake an assessment in literacy and numeracy, to establish any support required.
You will be regularly assessed by your tutor for competence for each of the units of study. There are no exams on this course.
FT Registration Fee - £20.00
On successful completion of this course you will have achieved a Performing Engineering Operations NVQ Level 1 qualification, together with the Essential Skills; Application of Numbers, Communication and ICT at Level 1, as well as a very good understanding of basic Engineering. You will also have the opportunity to sit the entrance test for the pre-apprenticeship course that can lead to a full apprenticeship. Electrical Installation and Electronics could also be followed to higher level courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coleg y Cymoedd directly.