Level 2 Intermediate Diploma in Plumbing & Heating Installation at Selby College
The EAL Level 2 Intermediate Diploma in Plumbing is for 16-19 year old learners in full-time education who are interested in a career in plumbing.
The qualification provides learners with practical experience of plumbing and an expectation of some of the situations that they could face as a plumber in the building services sector. Students will have the opportunity to experience:
• Health and Safety in the Building Services Environment
• Scientific Principles within the Plumbing Industry
• How to Communicate with Others in the Building Services Environment
• Pipework Fabrication Processes and Techniques
• Installation and Maintenance Techniques for Domestic Systems such as Cold Water, Hot Water, Central Heating, Rainwater and Ground Drainage
Please note: If you have not achieved a Grade 4 or above in GCSE English you will be required to continue studying this alongside your college course.
Standard Level 2 entry requirements apply. You will also require a Grade 4 in Maths.
90% Coursework, 10% Exam
Students will be given the option to attend a CSCS card test at an additional cost of £30* to allow them to gain access to construction sites and possible work placement opportunities.
On successful completion, you will be able to pursue a career in this occupational area. Many students choose to progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Plumbing & Heating. You could also progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Selby College directly.