Drama & Theatre Studies - A Level at Moulsham High School
- Designed as a natural progression from the GCSE Drama examination.
- Offers many opportunities for practical, creative work for a variety of audiences.
- Develops academic understanding of performance theory and theatre history, plays and playwrights and performance skills.
- Enables you to explore a range of texts and theatre practitioners.
- Asks you to reflect upon the processes involved in creating a piece of theatre.
- Encourages an appreciation of live theatre through a variety of visits.
- Requires that you conduct individual and group research.
Grade B in GCSE Drama or similar qualification, such as BTEC Performing Arts. Students who have not studied a performance based qualification at KS4, but who have a C for GCSE English Language, and a proven track record of enthusiasm for the arts, may also be considered. An enthusiasm for performance and the theatre is essential, as is a willingness to commit to rehearsals outside of lesson time.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Moulsham High School directly.