Control and instrumentation Level 2 Apprenticeship at AWE
As a control and instrumentation apprentice you will complete various projects to develop your skills needed to maintain all control and instrumentation equipment.
In your first 18 months you will learn the basics of control and instrumentation techniques through the completion of various projects. Once your training within the academy is complete you will move to the on-site phase of training. This is where you will use the skills you have learnt to maintain a variety of control and instrumentation equipment. You will also learn to repair, calibrate and test the equipment that is used across the organisations.
Typical work will include the installation of, repair and maintenance of, and calibration of the following types of equipment:
- Level, flow and pressure measurement
- Control loops
- Temperature control
- Display gauges and recorders
- Trip amps and signal conditioners
Throughout your apprenticeship you will attend various lectures designed to increase your knowledge and understanding of circuits and systems, including:
- Proportional integral derivative control
- Programmable logic controller
- Relay logic and control
- Air handling units
- A practical aptitude for engineering or technology
- PC literate
- Excellent team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Health and safety aware
- Effective at following instructions
- Ability to concentrate for long periods
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact AWE directly.