Certificate in Access to Building Services Engineering at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Heating and ventilating
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Functional Skills Level 1 in literacy and numeracy
Want a career in building services engineering but not sure about which area to go into? This one year introductory qualification will give you a flavour of the skills involved in four different areas of building services - engineering, plumbing, electrotechnical, heating and ventilating and refrigeration and air conditioning. You will undertake a variety of practical tasks including both copper and steel pipework installations, domestic electrical wiring, and pressure testing of completed systems.
You'll find out what you enjoy, before moving on to study a specialist qualification in one of the areas.
The college Entry/Level 1 programme is a great way to start your career if you are 16-18. It enables you to develop the skills and confidence to progress in college and into work. You will develop a wide range of skills in your chosen subject area as well as gaining qualifications in English, maths and ICT.
To access this course you are required to have:
- An initial assessment to ensure competence in basic literacy and numeracy
- A short interview to define any specific learner needs
- A minimum qualification of Entry Level 3 to Level
You'll be assessed on your practical skills and the knowledge you gain, by completing practical tasks and theory online multiple choice tests.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Choose a career path and move on to your next qualification, such as a Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies or the Level 2 Diploma in Electrotechnical technology
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.