This award is designed to support 16-18 year olds looking to start a career in childcare. From exploring safeguarding legislation to supporting play. It will give you an insight into child development and supporting the needs of a child to lead a healthy lifestyle and prepare for school.
You will cover mandatory units;
• Introducing the Role of the Early Years Practitioner
• Legislation, Framework and Professional Practice
• Play, Development and Learning for School
• Optional units include;
• Support creative play
• Support children with additional needs
• Support healthy lifestyle for children through exercise
• Support a healthy lifestyle for children through the provision of food and nutrition
A mandatory element of the Early years Educator qualification is the workplace experiences. As you will be training towards the Early Years Educator standard then it is imperative that you experience a variety of childcare settings to build your knowledge. we will source these for you.