Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Seevic College
The Travel & Tourism sector is a thriving and dynamic global market place, with a wide range of exciting and energetic job roles available.
This course will enable you to learn more about this profitable business sector, and the type of work it has to offer. On successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Progress to university to study degrees including: Tourism, Event Management and Aviation Management.
- Go directly to work in the industry, as: a Travel Agent, an Overseas Representative, an Air Cabin Crew Member or Event Assistant.
- Investigating the Travel & Tourism Sector
- The Business of Travel & Tourism
- The UK as a Destination
- Customer Service.
- European Destinations
- Retail Travel Operations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Entertainment for Holidaymakers
- Passenger Transport
- Tour Operations.
General Entry Requirements
- Five GCSEs (minimum) Grade C/4 or above including English Language or Maths. If your English Language is a D/3, your Maths must be at least a C/4 and vice versa.
- A Level 2 BTEC Diploma or above and GCSE English Language or Maths at grade C/4 or above.
You will learn theoretical and practical tourism concepts and principles but within a vocational setting and environment. There will be coursework projects where you will be expected to work individually or within a team. All units are assessed by a range of set and assessed projects involving practical investigations, presentations, case studies and team-based tasks. Some class activities may be within time-constrained conditions.
The course includes visits to enable student to research the tourism industry first hand. Examples of past trips include: New York, Euro Disney, Thorpe Park and many more.
- The course can offer a great opportunity to progress onto a number of Travel and Tourism related degree programmes typically into areas such as Tourism, Event Management and Aviation Management
- You may also go directly to work in the industry, as a Travel Agent, an Overseas Representative, an Air Cabin Crew Member or Event Assistant.
Former student success
There has been an increase in the number of students achieving cabin crew positions with leading airline companies such as Virgin Atlantic and Qantas. Since the expansion of Southend Airport many opportunities have also arisen with Easyjet. Students completing degree programmes have successfully pursued careers in tourism and business management.
- The course will embody the true spirit of the global travel industry and will challenge students at all levels.
- There will be a number of engaging course trips where you can observe and see businesses working within this exciting and exotic tourism sector.
- You will also hear from a number of carefully selected guest speakers from the sector, sharing their experience and real life work knowledge with you.
- You will also have the opportunity to participate in two week work experience within the Travel & Tourism Industry. Examples of work placements could include Hotels, Airports, Event companies, Travel Agencies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Seevic College directly.