Care of Birds in a Veterinary Environment (4 Day Course) at Cornwall College
This course is designed for qualified Veterinary Nurses who wish to broaden their knowledge of avian husbandry and handling, anatomy and physiology and disease conditions that commonly affect the domestic and exotic bird. The course will be taught as follows, with each day running from 10.00am until 4pm:
- Day 1 - Wednesday 10th June (Duchy College, Rosewarne)
- Day 2 - Wednesday 17th June (Duchy College, Rosewarne)
- Day 3 - Wednesday 1st July (Duchy College, Rosewarne)
- Day 4 - Wednesday 8th July (Paradise Park, Hayle)
This course will cover the following areas:
- Safe handling, restraint and transportation
- Temporary accommodation
- Recognising signs of good and poor health in birds
- Assessment of behaviour
- Avian anatomy and physiology
- Associated conditions and their treatment
You can take the skills and knowledge learnt on this four day course back to your working environment, and deal more confidently with both domestic and exotic birds.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cornwall College directly.