BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (performance & excellence) at Castleford Academy
The BTEC Sport Extended Diploma (Level 3) equivalent to 3 A-Levels. It is designed to provide stduents with:
- skills and knowledge required for roles and responsibilities within the sports sector.
- promote a healthy lifestyle
- provide opportunities for both theory and pratical sessions in individual and team activities.
Stduents will be required to complete 18 units over the two year course. Unit examples include:
- principles of anatomy and physiology
- talent identification
- development and organising sports events
- fitness testing for sport and exercise
- instructing physical fitness
- managing risks in sport
- sports psychology
You will require 5 grade 9 - 4 at GCSE including English and Maths. Resit opportunities for Maths and/or English will be available if you have not gained a grade 4 in Maths and/or English.
The BTEC Level 3 course is a vocational qualification completed through coursework. You will be involved in both theory and pratical lessons as you complete the 18 units required for this extended diploma.
Bursary's can be applied for through Post 16.
By achieveing this extended diploma you will be equipped to apply for a wide range of opportunities within the sports sector, including:
- university degrees in sports performance,education and science
- sports based apprenticeships
- roles in sports providers such as sports centres and retail
- coaching roles within the community
In addition to your course you will also follow a wider curriculum one hour provision per week.
Students will be required to complete a two week work experience placement in a role of your choice.
If you require any further information about the course contact Mrs Falk Head of 6th Form on any of the following contacts:
Telephone: - 01977 605060
Email : - firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.