Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) - Level 3 at Redcar & Cleveland College
To achieve this Extended Diploma, candidates must complete a total of 19 units over 2 years. There are 4 mandatory and 15 optional units:
- Anatomy and Physiology for Sport and Exercise
- Physiology of Fitness
- Sport in Society
- Coaching in Sport
- Sports Leadership
- Organising Sports Events
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Individual Sports
- Team Sports
- Health Screening and Fitness Testing
- Injuries in Sport
- Lifestyle Factors
- Massage for Sport and Exercise
- Officiating in Sport
- Training and Programming for fitness
- Nutrition for Sport
- Instructing Physical Activity
- Analysing Sports Performance
- Sports Psychology.
Maths and English are an important aspect of your programme and will form part of your timetable, as will Work Placement hours within your chosen career pathway.
Applicants need a minimum of:
- 4 GCSE grade A-Cs or equivalent. This could be a level 2 diploma in sports studies.
As part of this qualification you are required to produce a portfolio of evidence. It is assessed using a range of methods such as observation, audio-visual media, assignments, case studies, written questions, oral questions or case studies. Every assessment will be internally assessed and verified by centre staff and sampled by VTCT external verifiers.
Sport Students will be expected to collect an order form and purchase and wear the kit in all course practical sessions.
Football Development Centre Students will be expected to purchase and wear the kit in all course practical sessions and to & from matches.
Some trips, visits or residentials may require a contribution from students, but notification will be made in advance.
This qualification will give you a sound grounding in sport and exercise. On completion of this qualification you may choose to undertake further study; either:
- Foundation Degree in Sports Coaching and Exercise at Redcar and Cleveland College
- Sports Degree at university.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Redcar & Cleveland College directly.