Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 2 Award at Coulsdon Sixth Form College
The BTEC Level 2 Award will give students a broad background in Travel and Tourism so that they can progress to further education, training or employment.
The course is vocational, involving personal research, investigation into real life travel and tourism activities and educational visits. Students will study a range of subject areas including the UK Travel and Tourism Sector, International Travel and Tourism Destinations and Planning for a Travel and Tourism Study Visit.What goes well with this course?
This course can be combined with GCSE subjects and other BTEC Level 2 courses.
Students are required to study 2 core units plus 2 other units. The units are:
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector (core unit assessed by exam worth 25%)
- UK Travel and Tourism Destinations (core unit)
- Factors Affecting Worldwide Travel and Tourism
- The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
Two 2 and three 3 grades at GCSE including English and Mathematics minimum Grade 2 or equivalent qualifications (a Pass or higher at BTEC Level 2 is accepted as part of the GCSE Grades).
Students will enjoy this course if they:
- have an enthusiastic approach to Travel and Tourism
- are determined to succeed on the course
- enjoy written and spoken communication
- can plan their own learning and meet deadlines
- enjoy problem solving and the use of information technology
The BTEC Level 2 First Award is a one-year, practical course, assessed by coursework graded Pass, Merit, Distinction and Distinction* which makes up 75% along with an exam worth 25%.
This qualification shows that students can apply concepts and interpret practical situations. A merit or above will provide them with a strong grounding for further study at Coulsdon Sixth Form College in BTEC Level 3 Travel & Tourism.
A Level 2 course can be used for jobs in Cabin Crew, Dispatch and front line Travel and Tourism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coulsdon Sixth Form College directly.