Engineering Level 1 Diploma at Blackburn College
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Engineering is a practical, work related qualification suitable for a wide range of students, It provides a practical, real-world approach to learning alongside a key theoretical background and has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
- Engage in learning which is relevant to them and will provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 vocationally related qualification.
- Progress to employment in a particular vocational sector.
- Progress to related general and/or vocational qualifications
The course is made up of 1 mandatory unit plus optional units from a broad range of professional and subject-specific units, offering learners the chance to study particular areas in depth and an opportunity to follow a clear specialist pathway. All students study the mandatory unit plus the following units:-
- Working Safely in Engineering.
- Developing Skills in Making Engineering Components Using Hand Tools.
- Developing Skills in Using a Bench/Pedestal Drilling Machine.
- Developing Skills in Planning and Making a Machined Product.
- Developing Skills in Wiring Electrical Circuits and Components.
- Starting Work in Engineering.
- Applying for a Job.
- Interview Skills.
- Positive Attitudes and Behaviours at Work.
No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required to register for this qualification. All students will need to demonstrate an active interest in Engineering.
You will be assessed by online exams and submission of a portfolio.
Once you have completed your Level 1 Diploma, you will be able to apply to a range of courses at Blackburn College. Particular courses students’ progress onto include:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering
- GCSEs and/or A Levels
- Supported Employment.
- Independent Living.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blackburn College directly.