Electrical Installation - Level 2 Diploma at Yorkshire Coast College
Electrical Installation is the course for those wanting to work as a domestic electrician.
The programme covers safe working practices and communicating technical information as well as wiring electrical equipment and circuits.
The course will cover the following units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering.
- Principles of electrical science
- Electrical installations technology
- Installation of wiring systems and enclosures
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
No formal entry qualifications, however potential candidates need to demonstrate a basic level of maths and literacy and be committed to studying as and when required. All applicants will have an interview with a teacher.
After successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation you could choose to progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation or enter the world of work and continue your study as an Apprentice.
There are various sizes of companies who travel all over the UK carrying out various types of electrical work. Once qualified there are lots of options available to you.
Yorkshire Coast College works closely with Scarborough Borough Council, local and national employers who are all currently working on projects in our area. We are also looking at introducing a number of new local Apprenticeship opportunities.
Some of the current and ongoing developments in our region include:
- A new housing development at Eastfield called Middle Deep Dale.
- The relocation of Tesco’s to a brand new site that will incorporate a new build
- A new housing development in Filey
- An extension to Sainsbury’s
The local average wage on entry in to a career in Electrical Installation - depend on qualification – is £18,000.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Yorkshire Coast College directly.