Health and Social Care Level 2 (QCF) at Shipley College
This course is a great starting point if you would like to become a health or social worker, as you develop the personal skills and qualities you need.
- Human Lifespan Development
- Health and Social Care Values
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Social Influences on Health and Wellbeing
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- The Impact of Nutrition on Health and Wellbeing
- Equality and Diversity in Health and Social Care
- Individual Rights in Health and Social Care
- Healthy Living
- Human Body Systems and Care of Disorders
- Services in Health and Social Care
You will also have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and English.
- 2 GCSEs at grade D (3) or above, including English or a Level 1 at Pass grade, plus a GCSE grade D (3) in English.
- You need to have a positive attitude and a keen interest in caring for others.
- A clear Disclosure and Barring Service check may need to be completed at the start of the course.
- You will have an interview and further assessment to check the course is right for you.
There are two externally set assessments which are sat in January or May.
Most students will not have to pay tuition fees. You may need a small amount of money for study materials and practical activities. You will also have to buy stationery such as files, paper and pens. Study visits and a residential visit may form part of y
After completing this course, you could move on to the Health & Social Care BTEC Level 3 or even on to an apprenticeship in Children’s Play, Learning & Development or Health & Social Care.
If you are employed in a care setting, then you may wish to move on to the part-time Health & Social Care Level 2. Previous students have found work as Healthcare Assistants.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shipley College directly.