Economics A Level at Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School
Economics is a fascinating subject to study, as it helps you to look more deeply into the world around you – how and why it functions as it does. It can also give you new perspectives on some of the most pressing and challenging problems facing the world today.
Economics does not solely revolve around wealth creation, or peaks and troughs in financial markets and their effects on business performance. Economic decisions and activities impact on many different areas of society and on our own everyday lives – interest rate fluctuations, levels of taxation, unemployment, labour force migration and football transfer prices, to name but a few.
As an Economics student you will:
- Use and evaluate increasingly complex models involving more variables and apply models to a wide range of contexts.
- Develop the ability to apply and evaluate economic models as represented in written, numerical and graphical forms.
- Interpret and evaluate different types of data from multiple sources.
- Be able to propose possible solutions to problems.
- Understand the relationship and linkages that underpin macroeconomic models.
- Be able to predict the possible impact of policy changes on local, national and international economies and to be able to evaluate the effectiveness of government policies across a range of contexts.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School directly.