Medical Administration Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to meet the specialist administrative and secretarial needs of a range of health care occupations as found in hospitals, community health, general and private practice, research, the pharmaceutical industry and complementary medicine.
The qualifications have been designed to enable candidates to progress directly into employment.
This course prepares you for reception and admin work in any section of the health care service. This includes general medical practices, dental practices, hospital wards, medical records offices, opticians and health authorities.
The course is suitable for those with no previous experience, and will allow you to obtain the fundamental knowledge to enter this type of employment. It is available on a part-time or full-time basis, so can suit a range of circumstances.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Taught sessions in classroom and IT suite settings, using discussion, exercises, activities, worksheets, assignments, direct instructions, lecture sessions, videos and other learning methods
- You will also benefit from a number of outside visits, and from guest lecturers/speakers
- Homework will form an integral part of the course
- Work experience is a compulsory part of the course, and the college will assist in making the necessary arrangements.
- There are no formal entry requirements
- Students must be aged 16 or over at the start of the course
- A good standard of written English is required
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Nationally set assessments
- External Tests
- Portfolio of evidence for the work experience
- E-Quals assignments for the IT component
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Medical Administration Level 3, available at:
Business Administration Level 3, available at:
Business Studies Level 3, available at:
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Personal Assistant
The course may also be studied part-time.
Programme code: 1502E02B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.