Uniformed Public Services 90 Credit Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
- Government, policies and the public services
- Leadership and teamwork in the uniformed public services
- Citizenship, contemporary society and the public services
- Skills for water based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Physical preparation, health and fitness
- Practical team sports
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Responding to emergency service incidents
In addition you could achieve the following qualifications:
- First aid
- Personal development for the outdoor industry
- There will be an opportunity to gain National Governing Body (NGB) Awards in kayaking and canoeing.
You will take part in many practical activities including high ropes, climbing, kayaking and you will also achieve a good level of fitness!
4 GCSEs at grades A*-C, including English and maths OR Level 2 Diploma at Merit level including functional skills English and maths at Level 2 You will be required to complete a work placement You will need an enthusiasm for outdoor adventure and sport and want a career in public services.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
The applicant will be issued with a kit list at the start of the course and will be required to purchase a public services uniform and outdoor footwear.
Public or armed services, outdoor activity centres, coastguard, holiday centres, sports/leisure centres, schools, colleges and universities, youth leadership.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.