Netball Academy at Stanford & Corringham Sixth Form Centre
The Netball coaching programme offers highly talented female netball players the opportunity to continue with post-16 full-time education while receiving coaching from professional qualified netball coaches. Students will train with a highly talented squad and strive to reach the highest level possible.
Students will be expected to follow one of the following routes;
- A Level Physical Education + 2 other A Levels, or
- BTEC Extended National Diploma, Level 3, in Sport & Exercise Science
PLEASE NOTE: This course could run over the 3 schools. Details of where this course will run in September will be available at a later date.
Each player will:
- Train twice a week.
- Work on various technical or tactical situations.
- Have a specific training programme designed to ensure their fitness levels are improved and maintained.
- Take part in various video analysis sessions to improve their tactical knowledge of the game.
- Take the Netball1 coaching and umpiring courses
- Play in a variety of competitive leagues and trophies.
- Have full use of the weight training facilities and have their own personalised programme written by a fitness training coach.
Additional Qualifications & Work Experience:
Students will have the opportunity to carry out work experience, coaching netball sessions in local schools as well as umpiring for local schools.
Students will also have access to a number of other types of qualifications such as other coaching awards, first aid and fitness instructor courses.
The Netball Academy will primarily have links with local clubs. However, there are strong links with Leyton Netball Club who compete in the National Premier league three and Essex Met division one. Leyton Netball club currently play at the Copper Box Arena, at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Due to this link Players will receive training and individual feedback from club players and coaches as well as the opportunity to play at the Copper Box Arena monthly. We will also advise players finding a suitable club. Although players will play for The Stanford & Corringham Sixth Form in midweek fixtures, players are able to play for their chosen club side at the weekend.
The Netball Academy is based on performance in trials held early in the year. Entry is limited each year and the quality of play is understandably high. Entry onto any of the academic programmes does not automatically entitle a student to a place within the Netball Academy.
£30.00 deposit to cover all text books to be paid on enrolment day. This will be refunded at the end of your course once your books have been returned to the subject teacher.
£5.00 non-refundable payment for an Access Key Fob to access Gable Hall School, Sixth Form and St Clere's School.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.