Media Studies AS & A Level at NewVIc
On this course you will learn how Media affects the way we view the world. You will learn how to analyse various Media texts including film, television, print images, advertising and documentaries, how films and TV programmes are structured, how audiences are targeted and the way that different groups are represented in the Media.
The course will focus on:
- how we understand the Media
- Film and TV
- how people are portrayed in the Media
On the course you will:
- analyse a range of Media products from different genres
- carry out analysis of audiences for Media texts
- make your own Print campaign
- learn to use industry-standard design software and Media technology
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
You will be assessed through examinations and practical coursework.
You will be able to progress to university to study a degree in Media, Cultural Studies, Film and TV, Advertising, Design or a wide range of other degree programmes related to Media Studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.