Sport BTEC National Level 3 at Shoreham Academy
- An understanding of the factors which influence performance and physical activity
- Knowledge and skills of the sports industry that cover major areas related to sport
- The skills necessary to describe, explain and evaluate key ideas
- Leadership and independence
- The capacity to work independently and research their own ideas
- Their own application of knowledge based on their sporting experience
- The ability to meet deadlines and improve organization skills
Learners must complete 120 credits (approximately 13 units) Units include:
- Unit 1: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Unit 2: The Physiology of Fitness
- Unit 3: Assessing Risk in Sport
- Unit 4: Fitness Training and Programming
- Unit 5: Sports Coaching
- Unit 6: Sports Development
- Unit 7: Fitness Testing for Sport and Exercise
- Unit 8: Practical Team Sports
- Unit 9: Practical Individual Sports
- Unit 13: Leading Sports Activities
- Unit 15: Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Unit 18: Sports Injuries
- Unit 23: Organising Sports Events
5 GCSE passes A*-C including English and Maths, BTEC LEVEL 2 Merit grade or above, a keen interest in developing a detailed understanding of sport and physical activity, strong literacy and numeracy skills.
This course is 100% vocationally based, which will include a variety of assessment methods including course-work, presentations and demonstrations.
This course is the perfect accompaniment to leadership courses (such as HSLA and CSLA) and for those who have a real interest in working in the sports industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shoreham Academy directly.