Sport Development - Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at Easton & Otley College
This advanced programme is also suitable for those who wish to change their careers and retrain to enter the sector at this level. Many people who work in sports development will be expected to hold a degree level qualification.
This framework provides a pathway in to the sector for situations where the vocational route is appropriate and could be particularly useful for apprentices who have been former recipients of sports development services and become leaders or coaches before wishing to progress to a sports development role.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 3 Diploma in Sport Development
- Level 3 Award in Increasing Participation in Community Sport
- Level 3 Award in Employer Awareness in Active Leisure
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Manage own resources and professional development
- Contribute to strategic development in sport and active leisure
- Provide leadership in sport and active leisure
- Promote equality and diversity in sport and physical activity
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and security of customers and staff
- Facilitate community-based sport and physical activity
- Support the development of sport and physical activity in education
- Lead and motivate volunteers
- Recruit, select and keep colleagues
- Involve, motivate and retain volunteers
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 3 vocational qualifications.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices successfully completing the Advanced Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by developing a career in Sport Development and/or Leisure Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.