Level 1 Diploma in Construction Skills (Joinery) at ProCo NW Ltd
This qualification is suited to learners who have no construction experience in the construction industry and would like to develop their joinery skills.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set u and operate a circular saw
- Practical assessments
To support progression and development each learner can apply for a bursary which is means tested and dependent on attendance.
After comleting this course, learners may wish to progress onto a Level 2 Wood Occupations Apprenticeship.
A qualified joiner can earn between £24,000- £31,000 a year.
To become a joiner you will need:
- good practical skills
- an organised approach to work
- an eye for details
- the ability to follow technical drawings and plans
- good maths skills for measuring and working out quantities and angles
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.