Diploma in Motor Vehicle Body and Paint (Body Repair) NVQ Level 2 at City Training Services
An apprenticeship in vehicle body repair will give you the opportunity to learn and train in your chosen career as well as earning a regular pay packet. You will be given first-hand experience and learn the majority of the skills needed on the job, whilst also completing off-the-job training within college by day release. You will be able to gain practical experience within the region's largest purpose-built automotive centre to work towards an Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship in Vehicle Paint and Body Operations - Body Repair through City & Guilds
This involves 6 mandatory units, the Learner will be observed and assessed by one of our fully qualified and experienced tutors in the workplace. The Learner will receive full support whilst training and will have a dedicated training co-ordinator who will maintain regular contact and conduct a progress review every 10 weeks.
Knowledge Based Evidence
There are 6 mandatory units to complete and learning will take place in our dedicated training centre. This part of the qualification is the underpinning knowledge the Learner will need to carry out the job effectively, but the Learner will also have fun learning
- Health & Safety plus Positive Working Relationships
- Remove & Fit Non-Welded, Non-Structural Body Panels
- Remove & Replace Non-Structural Body Panels
- Repair Non-Structural Body Panels
- 3 Examinations are taken plus on site assessments
An interest in the technical aspects of motor vehicles is key, along with enjoying practical work and identifying and fixing problems.
Entry 3 on the Literacy and Numeracy initial assessment
- Initial assessment
- Online, on-demand testing using multiple choice questions (e-assessment)
- Assignments (practical and written)
- Short-answer test questions
- Assessments via observation and the development of a portfolio in a work based environment and will be assessed to the assessment criteria set out by awarding body
Progression to the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Vehicle Body and Paint (Body Repair)
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.