Art and Design Level 2 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
- There are 2.55 million jobs in the UK Creative Arts Sector. Level 2 students can choose from a wide range of subjects to specialise in for further study towards a career.
- Level 2 students develop English and Maths skills, as well as a portfolio of work in preparation for direct progression to Level 3 study in the art and design area of their choice or apprenticeship.
- Explore 2D and 3D visual communication and ways of working through art and design project work.
- Improve visual research and study skills in preparation for progression to further study.
- Develop an individual career plan towards working in the creative industries.
- Gain confidence and teamwork skills to enhance communication and fulfil potential.
- Create an individual portfolio of work appropriate to the area of progression.
- Develop appropriate skills/qualifications in English and Maths.
- 136 GCSE points, plus Grade D in English Language or a BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Merit level with Functional Skills English Level 1.
- You are required to bring examples of your work to interview.
You will be assessed through working on practical assignments, producing a range of products and sketch books for the main programme. One of the units will be externally assessed.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
When you have successfully completed this course, you will be able to progress to a National Diploma Courses at Level 3 in a range of specialisms: 3D Design (product, furniture and interior) or 3D Design (Display), Graphic Design, Interactive Media, Media Production, Fashion and Clothing, or Art and Design.
- Supports progression to a specialised Level 3 vocational art and design course or an apprenticeship.
- Specialist group and individual learning support with an emphasis on diversity and different ways of learning.
- Development of study skills and core skills in Maths and English.
- Enrichment programme of visits including London art galleries and major exhibitions of art and design work to broaden knowledge of creative practise.
- Employer engagement including live briefs working with local museums, theatres and resident artists and a programme of visiting speakers including student alumni and practitioners from the creative sector.
- Encourage learners to gain confidence in realising their potential in their chosen field and contribute to professional exhibitions, competitions and showcases.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.