Health and Social Care A Level at Ysgol Y Strade
You will learn and research a variety of interesting areas including:
- Different methods of communication with individuals that have specific needs
- Work as part of a group to plan and carry out a Health promotion campaign
- Research the different services that are available in your local area to meet the needs of a range of individuals and their needs
- Study a child and compare with established norms in development
- Learn about the theories of human development.
- Interview health professionals in order to gain understanding of their roles and responsibilities
- Plan and assess a diet and fitness programme for individuals with specific needs
HSC1: Promoting quality care and communication
HSC2: Promoting good health
HSC7: Provision of health social care and children’s services.
HSC9: Working in health and social care
Although each student will be considered on an individual basis for entry onto the course it would be beneficial to have 5 GCSE grades (A*-C).
HSC1: External: Written examination 1h30m
HSC2: Internal: Coursework
HSC7: External: Coursework (10 hours)
HSC9: Internal: Coursework
- An interesting subject that gives the opportunity to build on a range of skills as well as learn technical information in this field.
- The course can lead to three possible pathways: health, education/early years and social care
- There is a variety of ways of learning including work experience, links with local employers and organisations, case studies and research
Examining Board: WJEC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.