Horticulture Advanced Apprenticeship at The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London
Anyone who is not in full-time education and above 16
years of age can become an apprentice. The Horticulture Apprenticeship is suitable for
anyone who performs the following jobs:
- Horticultural technician
- Deputy head greenkeeper
- Deputy head groundsman
- Garden designer
- Senior gardener
- Gardener (historic and botanic)
- Parks officer
The apprenticeship can usually be completed in 12 -18 months. Workshops are one day per week with assessment and observations in the workplace. You will study:
1. The main qualification that assesses competence in work situations
2. A knowledge qualification that demonstrates an appropriate level of understanding about the area of work
3. Key/Functional Skills - which ensure that appropriate standards in English, Maths and Information Technology are met
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) - awareness of the rights and responsibilities that are essential in the workplace
5. Development of Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) - that are essential in all workplaces such as effective participators, self managers, independent enquirers, creative thinkers, reflective learners and team workers.
You must already be working within the Industry. Candidate will need to achieve Entry Level 3 at English initial assessment and Entry Level 3 at Maths initial assessment.
Assessment is carried out by practical observation, oral questioning, portfolio development.
You could progress to Higher Education.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London directly.