Uniformed Public Services at Norton College
The course focuses on areas such as:
- Criminology and the Law with special emphasis on police law and the criminal legal system
- Government & Politics and how our public sector organisations are controlled and monitored by government.
- Leadership skills, both in theory and practice.
- Outdoor Pursuits such as climbing, back packing, water based activities and mountain biking.
- The wider public services and the requirements for entry to them.
Alongside the main course students will be able to take their BELA, complete their Duke of Edinburgh’s Gold Award and their National Navigation, Bronze, Silver and Gold Awards. In addition all UPS students will take their Emergency first Aid award. The Course is challenging and diverse and students need a commitment to take part in all aspects of the course including camping and backpacking.
GCSE or equivalent: 4 A*-C.
English and Maths - desirable.
Specific - none.
Assessment methods can include: Practical Demonstrations; Witness Statements; Written Reports; Production of Posters/Displays; PowerPoint and other forms of Presentation; discussion/Interviews;
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Norton College directly.
Last updated date: 25 August 2016