Film Studies - A Level at Hanley Castle High School
This course will appeal to students who:
- have an interest in contemporary film in the English language and beyond
- have an interest in the history of film and the evolution of the industry
- enjoy theoretical discussion as well as creative tasks
- enjoy expressing their opinions and justifying their comments on film texts, both in discussion and in writing
- enjoy studying texts which will broaden and extend their ideas about context (social, political, historical, cultural and technological)
A minimum of Grade C at GCSE in English Language is necessary to cope with the demands of the essay writing and examinations. An enthusiasm for the subject should be demonstrated.
The analysis skills developed offer key skills that complement all essay-based subjects. The art of analysing the moving image and learning the language pertinent to it, is extremely crosses over well with those subjects that demand close study of texts, a knowledge of context, case study information and an awareness of how texts are received. It pairs particularly well with any English strand, humanities and psychology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hanley Castle High School directly.