Public Services BTEC Diploma Level 2 at Doncaster College
A one year level 2 programme of study at The Hub which has been tailored to meet your individual needs, education and employment goals.
- Spend most of your college week studying an industry recognised qualification – BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services
- Participate in outdoor activities, practical sport, fitness testing & training, PPD, tutorials, work experience, delivering activities to schools and community groups
- Continue studying English and Maths (either Pre-GCSE or GCSE) if you did not achieve at least a GCSE grade C
The Public Services Level 2 BTEC Diploma provides a progression opportunity for you to identify and develop the skills required to gain a successful career in the Uniformed Public Services
This course will enable students to examine a range of uniformed public services and make informed decisions about their future career.
The course combines theory and practical application of knowledge to develop essential leadership and team work skills and improve personal fitness levels to meet the entry requirements of their chosen Public Service.
The course is made up of 11 units:
- The role and work of the Public Services
- Working skills in the Public Services sector
- Carry out a Project in Public Services
- Citizenship, Society and the Public Services
- Crime and its effects on Society and Individuals
- Employability Skills in the Public Services
- Land Navigation by Map and Compass
- Preparing to Respond to Emergency Incidents
- Law and its Impact on the Individual
- Health, Fitness and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Sport and Recreation in the Public Services
- 5 GCSE grades D including English and Maths
- NCFE Introductory Course in Public Services Level 1 and Functional Skills English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
This course is assessed by means of external assessments, performance observations, assignments, presentations, reports and projects, demonstrations, portfolio, group work, video and discussions.
In addition to classroom based study the course includes outdoor activities, demanding personal fitness training and visits to various Public Services organisations.
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services (with Merit Profile).
Job opportunities include working in the Fire Service, Police, Army, RAF, Prison Service, Ambulance Service and Customs and Excise.
PT kit and walking boots are required, some outdoor clothing is provided. Learners will be expected to wear a ‘uniform’ of polo shirt, walking trousers and waterproof jacket.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.