Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Civil Engineering for Technicians at Salford and Trafford Engineering Group Training Association (STEGTA) Ltd.
The roots of civil engineering in its current form go back thousands of years. Archimedes, Telford and Galileo all made contributions to the profession along with many others.
Evidence of civil engineering projects are scattered across the world. These range from bridges, tunnels, energy/utility infrastructure and sea / flood defences to railways, highways, hydraulic structures and tunnelling.
The role of the civil engineer is varied across a range of related industries.
- Level 3 Diploma in Civil Engineering for Technicians
- Level 3 Construction in the Built Environment (to be studied at College on a day release basis)
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English (if required)
- Normally 5 A-C GCSE grades including Maths, English, Science and ICT
- Strong interest in engineering and science
- Computer literate
- Willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
You will be required to undertake online Maths, English and ICT assessments to ensure you are working at a suitable level for this programme.
You will also undertake a short online multiple choice engineering aptitude assessments.
The salary for each Apprenticeship position is determined by the employer.
The National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage is £3.30 per hour, however some employers may choose to pay a higher salary.
Job Roles could include:
- Site Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Structural Engineer and many more within related industries.
- These roles can be within private companies or local authorities and government agencies.
To find out more about this opportunity, please contact the STEGTA Business Development Department on 0161 877 4078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also follow us on social media:
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.