Business - A Level at Hanley Castle High School
The A Level in Business looks at how firms are organised and how they operate in the marketplace. Over the two years you will study about marketing a business, how to motivate people within a business and how to control and organise finance within a business. You will learn practical skills that are needed to set up a business as well as learning to apply textbook theory to solve case study problems.
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business
8. Choosing strategic direction
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
10. Managing strategic change
Recommended at least a C grade in English and Maths at GCSE.
There is an ever expanding range of business courses available at all universities. Typical areas include Accounting, Advertising, Law, Marketing, Civil Service, self-employment, ICT, Human Resource Management and, of course, Teaching! Equally the subject is well-recognised by employers and will be of benefit to those students interested in going straight on to employment after the sixth form. Aspects of the subject such as Human Resources, Marketing and Finance can be applied across the board in any employment situation.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hanley Castle High School directly.