Sport BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Hull College Group
This course contains both theoretical and practical units. Students are asked to be aware that the course contains a strong theoretical content and learners may also be required to improve their English and Maths skills to aid progression into Higher Education.
- Sports Coaching
- Practical Sport
- Fitness Training & Programming
- Fitness Testing
- Assessing Risk in Sport
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Leadership in Sport
- Psychology for Sports Performance
- Sports Injuries
- Sports Massage
- Officiating in Sport
- 4 GCSEs at grades C and above, including Maths and English Language
- Alternatively a L2 qualification in Sport with a Merit profile, including Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 1 and a keen interest in Sport.
- Foundation Degree in Sports Science.
- Sports Based Degree.
- Employment within the Sports Industry.
As a Sports student, you are also provided with the opportunity to develop your performance as an athlete in your particular sport. The sports currently offered by the Hull College Sports Academy are; Football (girls and boys), Rugby, Netball,Basketball and Boxing.
If you are an individual performer, or the Academy does not offer your sport, the Gym Instructors in the College will put together a fitness plan for you, created in conjunction with the requirements of your coach.
You will receive up to six hours professional coaching per week and compete in regional and national competitions on Wednesday afternoons.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.