Drama & Theatre Studies A-Level at Bristol Brunel Academy
Perform to audiences as iconic and unique characters. Create and devise your very own original play. Learn practical and theoretical skills from some of the best playwrights in History.
- Unit 1: Exploration of Drama and Theatre. Analyse two set texts both practically and theoretically within workshops finalising in exploration notes which are based on work within the classroom.
- Unit 2: Theatre Text in Performance. Deliver a practical performance to an audience from a carefully chosen and exciting play-text.
- Unit 3: Exploration of Dramatic Performance. Have the opportunity to create a unique and original piece of theatre within a group which is performed to an audience.
- Unit 4: Theatre Text in Context. Study in detail one set play text and the historical period of Shakespearean theatre resulting in a written examination.
C grade GCSE English advantageous.
Drama GCSE or previous experience helpful but not essential. Enthusiasm, willingness to participate and commitment to course.
Audition may be required.
Minimum Academic Standard for Progression into Y13
Entry into Y13 is not automatic in CLF Post 16.
The majority of students will continue into Y13 dependent on the entry criteria for courses as outlined below:
For A levels, all students must attain a minimum academic standard of passing all subjects with at least two D grades for successful progression in to Y13.
Supportive statements from subject teachers confirming suitability for continued study at A level. Following receipt of AS results, students who have met the entry requirements will be offered a place in Y13.
Students who do not meet the entry requirements into Y13 will be given guidance about a change of study programme and relevant courses available. They will not be allowed to re-sit the same core learning aims (i.e. subjects) as they did in Y12.
- Unit 1 – Internally marked and externally moderated
- Unit 2 – Externally marked
- Unit 3 – Internally marked and externally moderated
- Unit 4 – Written examinatio
BA (Hons) Drama and theatre studies degree; BA (Hons) drama and English degree; performing arts; directing.
Performer/director; public relations; media; presenter; drama therapist; TV; film; theatre assistant or manager; teacher.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bristol Brunel Academy directly.