Lamda Acting at Heath Park
This course is for students who enjoy:
- expressing themselves in an active and exciting way
- working in a group
- contributing your ideas and taking on board those of others
- exploring ideas by putting yourself in other peoples’ shoes
- playing many parts in different imaginary situations
- creating your own drama work
- looking at contemporary and Elizabethan/Greek theatre plays
- learning about the theatre industry
- learning how to develop your creative skills
- learning new performance skills to enhance your acting abilities
- or if you want to go to Drama school/university
- Performance Workshop
- Performing to an audience
- Principles of Acting
- Performing Arts Business
- Theatre in Education
- Classical theatre performance
- Developing voice for the actor
- Contemporary theatre performance
- Marketing for the Performing Arts
There are a total of 9 units. These units are mainly practical but do have a written element. All units are internally assessed. Units are awarded a pass/ merit/distinction. You will be assessed in 4 areas in each unit:
- Application of knowledge and understanding
- Development of technical and practical skills
- Personal development for occupational roles
- Application of generic skills.
Drama or Musical theatre at university or Drama school.APPRENTICESHIP PATHWAYS
There are apprenticeships in the performing arts industry which are highly popular and competitive. However, the skills that you learn through this Acting BTEC will help you succeed in any apprenticeship.CAREER PATHWAYS
Employers today complain that many young people leaving school/college/ university do not have the creative skills that are required in almost every job. Therefore, employers are struggling to hire the ‘right’ people. A BTEC in Acting will develop your creative skills making you an employable candidate.
Some of the careers that are directly associated with drama/ performance are: Actor/ Actress, Stage Manager, Arts Administrator, Drama Teacher, Drama therapist, Television Production Assistant, Radio Presenter.
Other careers where these skills would be transferable are: Youth and Community worker, Personnel Manager, Social Worker, Journalist, Marketing Manager, Charities Administrator.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heath Park directly.