Drama & Theatre Studies A-Level at Kingsbridge Community College
This course is practical. Students will be expected to challenge themselves, take creative risks and work as directors, actors, critics and theatre designers. Often there will be problems to be solved creatively and deadlines to be met that mirror working in a vocational and professional environment. Students successfully completing the course will gain a thorough understanding of drama and theatre, highly developed analytical and creative skills and an ability to communicate effectively with others.
The course will appeal to students who….
- Have an interest in drama and theatre
- Enjoy working practically
- Enjoy a subject which involves co-operation and working as part of a supportive, creative team
- Wish to develop their performance skills, confidence and communication ability
- Are prepared to commit to extra-curricular rehearsals and regular Theatre visits
- Want to deepen their subject understanding as well as broadening their wider cultural knowledge
At least 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C including English and Maths. Students are expected to select a minimum of 4 AS subjects in Year 12 and continue to follow a minimum of 3 subjects to A2 in Year 13.
You do not have to have Drama GCSE to study this course If you have studied Drama GCSE, it is expected that you have achieved at least a C Grade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingsbridge Community College directly.