Plumbing and Heating Advanced Apprenticeship at Darlington College
Increasingly time served trades men/ women are being sought by contractors to act as site managers, bringing their own expertise to bear on the successful completion of projects which your Apprenticeship will stand you in good stead for.
The Apprenticeship in Plumbing and Heating is a qualification for anyone wanting to progress as a Plumber or Heating Engineer in residential properties.
As an apprentice, you will:
- be in full time employment
- gain a nationally recognised qualification
- get hands-on experience to help you develop the skills you need to kick start a successful career.
On the job training is structured and agreed with your employer to ensure you learn the right skills.
Off the job training is arranged for you at college. You can complete this training on day release or over a number of days in a series of blocks.
If you are already with an employer, then an Apprenticeship is an ideal work-based learning qualification. It is an ideal way for you to ‘earn whilst you learn!’
• Understand and carry out electrical work on domestic plumbing and
heating systems and components
• Service and maintain domestic oil firing pressure jet appliances
• Install, commission and handover ‘active’ solar thermal hot water systems
• Know the requirements to install, commission and handover rain water
harvesting and grey water reuse systems
For this Apprenticeship you will need 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C, including maths and English or an appropriate level 2 qualification. Mature students will
be assessed on individual merit.
You must be employed for a minimum of 30 hours per week in a relevant environment for the duration of the Apprenticeship.
You will be required to attend an interview at the college and we will request a school or college report.
Upon completion you can progress as a Heating and Ventilating Engineer (Industrial and Commercial).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Darlington College directly.