Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Somerset College
This course will develop your skills and understanding of Beauty Therapy, whilst covering a range of practical skills including:
- Make-up consultation and application
- Wax depilation - temporary removal of facial and body hair
- Skin analysis, facial massage and facial treatments
- Nail analysis and treatment - manicure and pedicure
- Eyelash and brow colouring and shaping
- Anatomy and physiology
- Promoting products and services
- Health & Safety
- Reception duties and client care and communication skills
The course will also include the background theory related to the practical skills. All our beauty students train with the internationally recognised Dermalogica premier skin care range and you will enjoy a seminar day with the company.
- Four GCSEs at grade A* to C, including English, together with a satisfactory school report.
- You will need to show a desire to work in the beauty industry at interview.
You will be taught mainly through practical lessons working on each other and clients in a professional salon environment. All students will undertake 30 hours work experience. You will be continuously assessed through multiple-choice online questions and practical assessments. Supporting theory lessons, tutorials and educational visits are also part of the course, as are enrichment activities.
You could progress on to the Level 3 in Beauty Therapy.
Employment in a beauty clinic or cosmetic retail house.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.