Electrical Installations (Level 3) at Central College Nottingham
This course gives you the opportunity to progress into employment within the industry and/or onto a higher level of training. This course is mainly classroom-based theory study with occasional workshop assignments.
- Principles of Environmental Technology Systems
- Principles of Electrical Science
- Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Inspection, Testing and Commissioning
- Electrical Systems Design
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Career Awareness in Building Services
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-C, we may accept one of them at Grade D in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-C. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
There are two multiple choice online exams and six assessment projects.
- City & Guilds IET Wiring Regulations
- City & Guilds Periodic Inspection and Testing
- City &s Guilds Initial Verification of Electrical Installations
- Higher Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.