Uniformed Public Service BTEC First Diploma Level 2 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study:
- Public service skills
- Career planning for the public services
- Improving health and fitness for entry to the uniformed public services
Optional units (selection from):
- Employment in the uniformed public services
- Land navigation by map and compass
- Volunteering in public services
- Health and safety in the public service workplace
Careers in the public services can be incredibly rewarding. This course will give you an introduction to the skills and level of physical fitness you need to enter most public service organisations.
You will gain valuable team-working, problem-solving and communication skills by taking part in navigation activities on Cannock Chase. Importantly, you’ll visit public service organisations to gain knowledge from key personnel and find out about career opportunities.
You’ll even have the chance to take part in their on-site training activities. You will benefit from external trips and visits to fire stations, meet the marines and local army reserve units with guest speakers from police services. There will also be the opportunity to attend the Royal Marines three day residential course. Many of our students progress on to Level 3 to further develop knowledge and skills.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Four or more GCSESs at Grade E or above (including English and Maths) or successful completion of a full level 1 study programme
A variety of assessment methods are used including individual and group presentations, case studies, assignments, reports, practical fitness testing and practical application of map and compass work.
The skills you will learn from this course will enable you to:
- Apply to join the uniformed public services, such as the fire brigade, ambulance service, army, police and the prison service
- Progress onto the Level 3 BTEC 90-Credit Diploma in Uniformed Public Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.