Motor Vehicle Repair Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
This programme is intended for those working in a garage providing motor vehicle repair services. The NVQ is achieved by the creation of a portfolio of evidence from the workplace and supported by monthly onsite assessments. You will attend Farnborough College of Technology once a week to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop your skills.
The programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following five components:
1. Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence (Level 2): optional units to meet business needs
- Contribute to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health & Safety
- Maintain positive working relationships
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance
- Remove and replace engine units and components
- Remove and replace electrical units and components
- Remove and replace chassis units and components
Optional Units (choose 1):
- Conduct pre and post work vehicle inspections
- Valet vehicles
- Remove and replace vehicle driveline units and components
2. Technical Certificate: Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles (Diploma Level 2)
3. Functional Skills: English, Maths & ICT (Level 1)
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
You must be aged 16 and over with GCSEs A* - D in Maths and English.
The training is delivered and assessed whilst attending Farnborough College once a week to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop skills in practical workshops. Apprentices are also supported in the workplace with regular progress and reviews.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.